Conservation Education Programs for Schools
Education through Exploration
Whatever the season or age group, Ausable Bayfield Conservation has a program for you!
Download our 2022 Spring Programs flyers:
Secondary School Spring Program Flyer 2022
- Environmental Education with ABCA Virtual, Schoolyard and Field Trips Spring 2022 – 1 MB (Large) PDF file
ABCA Watershed Elementary School Flyer Spring 2022
- Watershed Elementary School Flyer Spring 2022 – 2 MB (Large) PDF file
Maitland Valley MVCA Elementary School Flyer
- Environmental Education for Your Students Spring 2022 – ABCA Conservation Education for Maitland Valley MVCA Elementary Schools Flyer – 1 MB (Large) PDF file
- Promote understanding of our local water, soil, and habitat for living things
- Develop character traits and social skills
- Increase enthusiasm for learning
- Encourage physical and emotional well-being
- Foster environmental stewards
- Have strong curriculum links
- Are active and ‘hands-on’
- Are delivered by conservation educators on staff
Individual programs are 1-2 hours in length and can be modified to meet the needs of your group.
Delivered at your school either in your classroom or in your schoolyard or a combination of indoor/outdoor activities. Activities can include a multimedia presentation, games, nature exploration, or investigation of natural specimens.
Delivered at conservation areas across the Ausable Bayfield watershed including Bannockburn Conservation Area; Clinton Conservation Area; Morrison Dam Conservation Area; or Rock Glen Conservation Area.
Activities can include guided hikes, games, nature exploration, scientific data collection and more …
Keep a safe distance from creeks and rivers especially during times of fast-moving water.
In our River Safety program for schools, students learn about making good decisions around water so they can be safe during any season.
The river safety program is delivered to schools at no charge thanks to the support of local municipalities.
The program (delivered to schools virtually in 2022) teaches about safe practices near rivers and lakes.
Curriculum connections include: Personal Safety; Primary (Seasons); Junior (Habitats); and Intermediate (Water Systems).
For the River Safety program (formerly Spring Water Awareness Program) visit this web page:
If you have questions please contact Denise Iszczuk or Nina Sampson, Ausable Bayfield Conservation Educators via our staff directory.