Conservation Education Programs for Schools
Education through Exploration
Whatever the season or age group, Ausable Bayfield Conservation has a program for you!
- Promote understanding of our local water, soil, and habitat for living things
- Develop character traits and social skills
- Increase enthusiasm for learning
- Encourage physical and emotional well-being
- Foster environmental stewards
- Have strong curriculum links
- Are active and ‘hands-on’
- Are delivered by conservation educators on staff
Individual programs are 1-2 hours in length and can be modified to meet the needs of your group.
Delivered at your school either in your classroom or in your schoolyard or a combination of indoor/outdoor activities. Activities can include a multimedia presentation, games, nature exploration, or investigation of natural specimens.
Delivered at conservation areas across the Ausable Bayfield watershed including Bannockburn Conservation Area; Clinton Conservation Area; Morrison Dam Conservation Area; or Rock Glen Conservation Area.
Activities can include guided hikes, games, nature exploration, scientific data collection and more …
If you have questions please contact Denise Iszczuk or Nina Sampson, Ausable Bayfield Conservation Educators via our staff directory.