Job posting for tree planters
Tree Planters Required
To start in April through May (dependent on weather)
Date of job posting: February 23, 2023
Job Location: RR 3 Exeter, Ontario (71108 Morrison Line)
The Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority (ABCA) is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities with the mandate to ensure the conservation, restoration and responsible management of Ontario’s water, land and natural habitats through programs that balance human, environmental and economic needs.
Working with private landowners throughout the Ausable and Bayfield River watersheds, to implement stewardship projects, such as tree planting, is one of the programs that ABCA offers to positively contribute towards watershed health.
ABCA’s stewardship team is looking for energetic, enthusiastic people to plant trees, and contribute towards the health of the environment. This is a fulfilling opportunity that provides valuable career-oriented skills. For general information about the Conservation Authority please refer to abca.ca
For complete details please download the PDF document:
- Job posting for tree planters – 200 KB (Medium-sized) PDF file
The contract will begin in April, date depending on arrival of nursery stock, and will last approximately six weeks through April and May. Generally, the work week will be Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with some Saturdays and longer days required. Tree planters work on a “fair weather” contract, and work when the conditions are suitable for tree planting.
- Carry out the proper planting of seedling trees and shrubs in a time-efficient manner by machine or hand planting.
- Customer service through tree sorting and sales as required.
- Versatile person, who is willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Able to lift bags of trees, potted trees and plant trees using a shovel or mechanical tree planter.
- Attention to detail in planting and tending trees.
- Motivated with a high energy level.
- Positive attitude towards peers, supervisors and clients.
- Energetic, and enthusiastic, with a willingness to learn
Remuneration: Tree Planter (4 positions): $18.00/hour
Apply now by providing your résumé and cover letter (via post-mail, e-mail or fax) clearly marked Tree Planter Job to:
Ian Jean, Forestry and Stewardship Specialist
Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority
71108 Morrison Line, RR 3 Exeter, ON N0M 1S5
519-235-2610 or 1-888-286-2610 Fax: 519-235-1963 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be contacted only if an interview is required. The Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority is an equal-opportunity employer, which delivers a wide array of environmental services for 12 watershed municipalities and the general public.
Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon request, applicants will be notified of accessibility accommodations and assistive devices.