Job opportunity - Financial Services Coordinator
February 19, 2021
The Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority (ABCA) is seeking applications for the position of Financial Services Coordinator.
For full job posting please download the PDF:
- Financial Services Coordinator - 500 KB (Medium-sized) PDF file
Reporting to the ABCA General Manager/Secretary-Treasurer, The Financial Services Coordinator will work with all departmental staff and related partners in assisting with the financial business of each individual program.
In cooperation with other staff, this staff member will carry out the day-to-day and financial services of the Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority and Ausable Bayfield Conservation Foundation and its sub-committees, and the Huron Tract Land Trust Conservancy. This full-time position will assist the ABCA in achieving the objectives as set out in the Conservation Strategy and the Watershed Management Strategy.
Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority
- Work with all staff and related partners to assist with financial reporting of individual programs and partnership projects
- Authorize, code (as required) and process accounts payable and receivable and ensure all monies received by the ABCA are reconciled and deposited
- Ensure the processing and maintenance of current records for source deductions, Employer Health Tax, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), and Group Insurance Plan, and Registered Retirement Savings Plan, as well as the submission of the monthly HST Return
- Maintain current payroll records, including annual contracts, and provide support to staff regarding Employment Standards and payroll deduction, as well as complete annual reconciliation reports for submission to Receiver General, Minister of Finance, WSIB and the complete compulsory reports for contract staff hired under various programs
- Maintain current time card program (in cooperation with the DWSP GIS Technician), the chart of accounts and fee schedule and train new staff accordingly
- In cooperation with the GID/IT Coordinator, maintain accounting software, and make recommendations and implement updates as required
- Assist the General Manager/Secretary-Treasurer or designate with the preparation of reports regarding the financial status of the ABCA for inclusion in the ABCA’s Annual Report
- Make recommendations, where needed, to the General Manager/Secretary-Treasurer or designate regarding improvements to the financial services of the ABCA.
- Present reports to the Board of Directors, as requested
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets
- Assist in the preparation of internal program financial statements on a quarterly basis, and/or as requested for the Board of Directors, departmental staff and/or partnerships
- Coordinate annual Insurance renewal and request Certificates of Insurance associated with funding grants when requested by staff
Ausable Bayfield Conservation Foundation
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets, and maintenance of chart of accounts and fee schedule
- Authorize, code (as required) and process accounts payable and receivable and ensure all monies received by the ABCF are reconciled and deposited
- In cooperation with staff, prepare and process financial statements for Foundation approval on an ‘as required’ basis
- In cooperation with staff, provide Treasurer services to the Conservation Dinner Committee (and any special committees), including processing of receipts, disbursements, financial statement and presentation to the committee
- In cooperation with staff, authorize and approve charitable tax receipts issued by the ABCF
- Act as signing officer for the ABCF
- In cooperation with staff and Auditor, prepare and process the T3010, Registered Charity Information Return
- Prepare and submit semi-annual HST return
- Motivated with a high level of energy and effort towards the duties and requirements of the position.
- Positive attitude towards peers, subordinates, supervisors, clients, visitors, volunteers, students, Board of Directors for the Authority, Foundation and Land Trust.
- Mentally and physically capable of dealing with the demands and pressures of the position
- Ability to keep concise and accurate reports using generally accepted accounting principles
- Thorough knowledge of administrative procedures and municipal affairs
- Willingness to assist other team members
- Valid Class G Ontario Driver’s Licence
- Ability of operate all types of office equipment
- Good working knowledge of QuickBooks, accounting software, Excel, Corel WordPerfect, and other Microsoft programs
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- While not required, a Professional accounting designation (CPA), and/or experience in a financial management field using acceptable finance and accounting skills is recommended
- Previous experience and knowledge about Conservation Authorities in Ontario
Position Description available upon request.
Remuneration: $30.59 to $38.23 per hour depending on qualifications and experience
Hours: 35 hours per week with some evenings and weekends
For more information, or a copy of the position description, contact Brian Horner at email@example.com
Please provide your résumé and cover letter by Friday, March 5, 2021 at 4 p.m. local time to:
Brian Horner, General Manager / Secretary-Treasurer
Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority
Applicants will be contacted only if an interview is required.
The Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority is an equal-opportunity employer which is progressive in conservation stewardship. Based out of Morrison Dam Conservation Area, two kilometres east of Exeter, the ABCA delivers a wide array of environmental services for 12 watershed municipalities and the general public.