Environmental Youth Corps
Ausable Bayfield Environmental Youth Corps
Who: Students 14-18 (in secondary school) students must fill out registration form:
Register for Ausable Bayfield Environmental Youth Corps:
Why: To gain valuable knowledge of conservation practices and develop skills like job readiness skills (communication, leadership, teamwork).
Meet and learn from conservation professionals and gain insight into career opportunities.
Earn volunteer hours for attending the 'Field Meetings.'
Cost to register/apply: None
When: From May – October: Seven virtual (Zoom) meetings (90 minutes each) and six Field Meetings (120 minutes each) with monthly special topics.
April 14, 4:00-5:30 pm: Wildlife Surveying & Monitoring
Field Meeting: April 17
- May 12, 4:00-5:30 p.m: Managing Flooded Areas
- Field Meeting: May 29
- June 9, 4:00-5:30 p.m: Ecosystem Restoration
- Field Meeting: June 12
- June 30, 4:00-5:30 p.m: Dynamic Beaches on Lake Huron
- Field Meeting: July 21
- August 11, 4:00-5:30 p.m: Soil and Crop Health
- Field Meeting: August TBD
- September 8, 4:00-5:30 p.m: Managing Forests Sustainably
- Field Meeting: September TBD
- October 13, 4:00-5:30 p.m: Wrap-up
Students are encouraged to register for at least ONE week before the scheduled Zoom Monthly Meeting. Students may participate in as many of the conservation topics as they are able.
- Register by May 5 for Managing Flooded Areas on May 12
- Register by June 2 for Ecosystem Restoration on June 12
- Register by June 23 for Dynamic Beaches on Lake Huron on June 30
- Register by August 4 for Soil and Crop Health on August 11
- Register by September 1 for Managing Forests Sustainably on September 8
Youth are responsible for their own transportation to and from the location
Youth should bring:
- Mask and hand sanitizer
- Work gloves
- Closed-toed shoes or boots
- Snack and water bottle
For more information or to talk to conservation education staff please visit the staff contacts page: